Design and Technology at Kinderley develops children’s skills and knowledge in design, structures, mechanisms, electrical control and a range of materials, including food. It encourages children's creativity and encourages them to think about important issues.
The aims of Design and Technology are:
• to develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when designing and making;
• to enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas;
• to encourage children to select appropriate tools and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures;
• to explore attitudes towards the made world and how we live and work within it;
• to develop an understanding of technological processes, products, and their manufacture, and their contribution to our society;
• to foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making.